Sunday, January 18, 2009

Our New Puppy



Well yesterday we brought home a 6 week old bullmastiff named Duke.  Brian has been wanting a puppy for awhile and we found this little guy and couldn't pass it up.  The people selling him sent us a video of his father and we just loved how big he was.  For the record, bullmastiffs are one of the biggest dogs around.  They can get up to 230 pounds and 30 inches tall.  They are one of the more mellow breeds that have to be walked just to keep them from getting overweight....this is my kind of dog!  Last night was great and hopefully it will stay that way.  He didn't whine or cry all night so we are keeping our fingers crossed.  I had told Brian that if we were going to get a dog we needed to do it BEFORE the baby got here. So here he is.....

7 comments:

Karen said...

HE IS SO FREAKING CUTE!!! I love him. I just want to carry him around with me. I love the name Duke. I bet Brian is just in heaven!

Julia said...

You are so brave to get a new puppy right before a new baby!! He sure is cute though. I need to look online to see how big these babies get!

Lauren said...

Duke is going to be a big guy. Look at those feet! You will love having a bully breed. They truly are the most relaxed and loving puppies ever.

Alicia said...

What a cute puppy! Congrats, and I'm sure he'll break you in slowly for the baby!

Christina said...

What a cutie, my children are going to maul him. They keep asking when we can come meet your donkey and cow. We need to get together soon, but I don't know if I can be that far away from the hospital. Maybe we can meet half way so we can hang out a little bit before the babes are born.

Mimi said...

He is a cute puppy and it's good you can get him trained, hopefully, before Kaleb gets here. Remember Caesar says bad habits are because of boredom and walking them works that out of them. Why not start EARLY and get him to like walking on the treadmill with you?

Hillary said...

Cute puppy! I can't believe how big those dogs get. I thought my mom's dog was big, but yours will be huge. I hope he is still doing well and continue to be a good dog when you have your baby.