

Well we finally got to go to Utah to go snowboarding! Brian has been wanting to go since we met and this year we made it happen! Where to begin.....it was a blast! Megan got to go with us and that was awesome. I couldn't have done it without Mimi and Papa....they met us out there and baby sat while we played for a week....thank you! Meg and I took a lesson the first day we got there and picked up the basics of the sport. The weather was perfect-sunny and about 30 degrees the majority of the time. I was so worried about being cold but the sun was just enough to take the edge off. Our lodge was a ski in ski out which was perfect for taking care of Kaleb. We would go out for a couple of hours then come in just in time to feed the baby and get a bite to eat. The second day there Meg spranged her ankle which put a damper on her fun but we did a lot of other things so she felt like she got her moneys worth! I was so glad that I picked up the sport and can't wait to go back and do it some more. Here are some pictures of Brian and I on the slopes.





Now don't get me wrong, I fell ALOT!!!! I was so bruised and battered that I broke my wrist and didn't even know it! I just thought I bruised it falling and thought it would heal like the rest of my body. Two weeks later I went to the doctor to find out that it was cracked and spranged. I have to wear a splint for 6 weeks.....oh well!
We had so much fun and let me go ahead and say that Kaleb cut a tooth while we were there so he was the happiest but we made do. Karen and Troy met us up there and Maddie and Kaleb got to meet for the first time. It was too cute seeing those two together....I just loved it. We ate at Cafe Rio OFTEN and got to go to the BYU Bookstore to get their famous fudge!!! Lastley we went to Temple Square and it was beautiful like always....I love it there. I couldn't have asked for a better vacation!!!

7 comments:
I loved all the pictures, but I have to say that last one of Kaleb in the tub is ADORABLE!
Glad y'all enjoyed the snow. Brian looks like a natural (and you look good yourself)! He's a wakeboarder though, isn't he?
I'm sad I didn't get to babysit, but I totally understand it was kinda far away. Maybe another time... I've got to hurry and meet this little boy before he grows up!
What a fun trip! I went snowboarding once, and yeah it's hard stuff!! Looks like you guys had a blast, and atleast your injuries didn't keep ya from playing!!!
I'm glad you had such a fun trip to UT. And I'm glad you had your parents there to watch Kaleb for you. He is just so adorable, Amy. I'm sure you are so in love with him.
I love finally seeing pics from your trip! Looks like such a great time...what a great family vacation (that is, if you like snowboarding. haha). You guys really do look great on the slopes!
This was a wonderful vacation for all of us. I loved the excitement of it and although not enjoying the snow personally, it was great to have that room with a view. I had a nice time too...especially being there with my kids and that precious little Kaleb. I'm just sorry he didn't feel well. He was still very good though. I'm glad you got to experience it all! You look so good in all that gear!!! :-)
Oh gosh, sorry to hear about your wrist! At least it wasn't super painful if you didn't even know it was broken. Looks like a blast- glad y'all had a great family vaca.
hi this is heidi!!! I gota blog!. go to heidi loves her family@blogspot.com and sorry about that rist owww!
Post a Comment