Saturday, November 29, 2008

My Thanksgiving Endeavors



Well Thanksgiving this year was yet again another success.  With Brian's family being local we decided to do things a little different this time.  We had Lance the weekend before thanksgiving so we had our celebration with Brian's side on Sunday.  Cathy, my mother-in-law bought a house this year and it was her first Thanksgiving to HOST and she did a wonderful job.  We had the entire family there and the food was wonderful.  Brian's brother Brad and his family came with their new baby girl and she was the cutest thing!  Ayden is 5 months and teething already, but she was still such a happy baby for what she was going through!  


As of my family, we also had things a little different.  This year is was JUST our family and my Memaw.  We usually have a huge crowd but my aunt was admitted into the hospital the night before and everyone stayed up there with her to make sure things were ok, and for the record they were.  The boys played football and watched football.....the regular and the ladies just hung out and chatted.  It was still so nice to be able to relax and have no worries for a day!  It was also nice to see Memaw.  She lives in Odessa so we don't get to see her that often, so it was fun to catch up and chat with her.  Brian and I were trying to prep for BLACK FRIDAY at our store so we ended up going home early so we could get some rest....I'll let y'all know how that went later!!!

3 comments:

Julia said...

You look beautiful! Great family pic. We missed y'all today!

kfarmer said...

Amy--I didn't know that you had a blog--I'm sorry that I hadn't read it yet. All I can say is that you are SO beautiful and I miss you! I hope black Friday was a great success for you and Brian. Love you.

Mimi said...

Love the picture and the entry. You are getting the hang of it and doing a great job! I'm so glad that you joined the rest of us!