Where to begin....this is my little man on his one month anniversary...adorable I know! Things have been so crazy at my house I am just now getting time to sit and blog. This little addition has been lots of fun. As you can see he is smiling now and loves to pull his head up. As for me I am finally transitioning. Today we had our first outing together with no ones help and were successful. We went to HEB to get his prescription, went to the bank, and finished the day out at Sonic for a HALF PRICE drink! We had a good time together. In the beginning we had it tough. I decided that I was going to breast feed and I was not going to give up. First I couldn't ever get him to latch on correctly and ladies, you know what that meant. Next I woke up one morning and thought I was dying and realized that I had a horrible breast infection. Once I got to the doctor and was diagnosed, he told me that I needed to give my right breast a break so it would heal and that I should pump until it was normal again. This was a whole different challenge. Kaleb would sleep in 2 hour increments...so I would get up and nurse on the left side. Once I was done I would burp him, get him back to sleep enough to lay with his dad, then pump the right side for 20 minutes. Put it this way, for three weeks I was cat napping for maybe 30-45 minutes at a time before he would wake up again for round 2! I couldn't have done it without my mom and sisters....they were so much help and support! After I finally got to stop pumping and thought everything was back to normal I realized I had yeast on my breast and so did he in his mouth.......no worries, just ANOTHER minor complication! Long story short, we are both almost healed of this and we are still hanging in there....Other than all of this we are doing great and having a great time. I couldn't have asked for a better baby and I know how blessed I am for his health. The little guy hardly ever cries unless his tummy is just killing him and even then it is nothing for me to deal with. My little blessing from heaven is the best.! Hopefully y'all will hear from me more often!
NEW Kimography BLOG! Check it out!
-
Hello wonderful clients, fans, and viewers! Kimography has a new blog site.
You may view by clicking on the link...
http://kimographyphotos.com/blog/
This b...
14 years ago



10 comments:
Gosh you sure have been through a lot, but you have not only survived but done so well doing it! You are so blessed to have your mom and sisters close, that's for sure. Way to go on sticking it out with the breast feeding...that is so, so wonderful.
And Kaleb is just gorgeous!!!
What a perfect little baby boy! He is precious :). It's crazy what you have been through - fortunately I can't feel your pain! haha
Keep posting! I love seeing pictures.
Kaleb is so cute!! I'm sorry to hear that you have had complications. It makes it so much harder to adjust, but it sounds like things are getting better. I'm glad to hear that you have a positive attitude, that's the most important thing. Post some family pictures soon!!
I'm sorry about all those complications, but I'm with you... He IS a little blessing from heaven! Such a little sweetie. :)
Love the pictures of him here. He is looking more like you. And yes he is sooo sweet!
I really want to snuggle him. I can't believe that he is 5 weeks old. Its so crazy. I'm glad that everything has calmed down a bit. He is just so cute! I'm a little nervous about how cute he is. Maddie won't be able to keep her hands to herself...what? She is my daughter.
Amy I am so glad that things are going smoother and that you have found time to blog. I love seeing all my babies everyday. I can see how they change day to day and so I know that you'll be so happy to have this memory printed so you can look back and see how he grew and your feelings at the time. It is so worth putting it all down so you can relive it when he's out playing sports and dating, off to college and not so close anymore. You know how much you love him now...it only grows!
He is absolutely precious and I can see you in him more now. What a cutie and what a good mommy you are. I am very proud of you! and, you know I love you more than I can say!
Aww, the challenges of breast feeding :) You sound like you're being a good sport about the whole thing, good for you.
You're little guy is precious so that must make it easier. And yes thank goodness for sisters and moms.
Y'all do make a very cute family.
I love the photo of his smile. Kaleb is so precious. I am so glad that you made it through that first month of breastfeeding. You are so good at sticking with things! Love you!
Such sweet pictures! Happy one month, Kaleb!! Way to take it like a woman with all the breastfeeding *fun*. I'm impressed! THANKS a ton for letting me borrow all those great maternity clothes! Hope you don't mind that I put an A on all the tags so I know which ones are yours to give back. In, um, four months?!?!
Post a Comment