Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Kaleb Dean has arrived!!!!




He's here!  Kaleb Dean Greenslade was born February 24th at 10:56pm.  He weighed 6 pounds 8 ounces and was 18 1/2 inches long.  Isn't he handsome?  I am so inlove with my little man!  I am so blessed that he got here safe and sound.  I labored for 14 hours and Kaleb never dropped so they decided to do a c-section.  Once that was decided he was here in a half hour!  I found out the next morning that his cord was wrapped around his neck but we made it through it.  I was so nervous to do a c-section but I had such a wonderful doctor that was there to reassure me that everything would be fine and it was.  Brian was great and I could not have done it without him.  I love him so much and he already is an amazing father.  I laughed...since my incision was so sore he had to change all the diapers in the hospital and I figured he got it down to a "T" fast! Our families were amazing too....I could not have done it without them.  My labor was pretty painful as my epidurals didn't work and I wasn't prepared for it.  I told Brian I could not believe that I SKIPPED every section about c-sections and natural child birth in my pregnancy books and look were that got me!!!  My mom and sister Lesa helped so much during my labor pains.....they were the best!  

5 comments:

Mimi said...

Another gift from Heaven! He is just perfect in every way, even down to that long big toe that he rubs against you while he nurses. I am so thrilled that we are close and I can cuddle often with him. He's just precious!!!

Alicia said...

Congratulations...He is such a precious little boy. Sounds like you had a pretty hard labor, I'm so sorry to hear that. Thank goodness for wonderful husbands where are there with us every step of the way, and of course wonderful family! I'm so happy for you guys, and so glad to hear you are enjoying motherhood.

Christina said...

Congrats! I'm so excited he's here. I hope everything is going well. Let me know when your up for a visitor. I can't wait to meet little Kaleb. He's so cute. I'm so happy for you guys!

Julia said...

My gosh he is SO CUTE!! I can't get over it. And you did a great job Amy..I'm so glad he's here safe and sound. What a miracle all these babies are.

Nikki said...

Congrats Amy!! I've been wondering how you were doing. That's awesome that everything went well. Props to you with the c-section and all. I would be so scared. Your little guy sure is handsome, all of you Farmers have beautiful babies. Make sure you rest and enjoy your new little family : )
luv ya,
Nicole